Easter Seals Ontario will enable all children, youth and young adults with physical disabilities to reach their full potential, make the absolute most of their abilities and live their lives to the fullest.
Easter Seals Ontario is committed to helping children, youth and young adults with physical disabilities and their families. Through the generous support of its donors and volunteers, Easter Seals provides quality services and programs and acts as an effective voice for their needs and interests.
Our Core Services
Easter Seals Ontario’s programs and services focus on serving children and youth up to the age of 19 who have a physical disability affecting their mobility. We provide funding for essential mobility and accessibility equipment, fully accessible summer camp, special education resources, post-secondary scholarships, access to additional information resources and public awareness of disability issues.
Easter Seals Ontario has been at the forefront in providing services and supports to children, youth and young adults with physical disabilities for the past century. The organization is also recognized as a leading charity in raising and distributing funds in communities across the province.
The organization’s accomplishments over the years have included:
- 1922 – Easter Seals Ontario was founded and began assisting ‘crippled children’ by providing essential equipment, such as crutches and braces
- Spearheaded a public campaign for the universal pasteurization of milk to help stop the spread of tuberculosis
- First to employ nurses to carry service into the home
- First to build camps specifically for children and youth with physical disabilities
- First to build provincial and regional treatment centres with in-patient and out-patient facilities
- First to create a research institute exclusively for research into physical disability and a communications institute to promote augmentative and alternative communication
- First to create a public awareness prevention campaign focused on bike safety and helmet use to prevent brain injuries
- Key member of the Folic Acid Coalition, promoting the use of folic acid to prevent birth defects
- Strategically refocused camping program on two key properties, with revitalized and expanded facilities
Learn more at EasterSeals.org