Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your Helmet Policy?
- What is the Attendance Policy?
- What is your Cancellation Policy?
- How old does my child have to be to be charged for a spectator ticket?
- Are sledges and wheelchairs allowed on the ice?
- What can I bring on the ice?
- What am I NOT allowed to bring with me on the ice?
- How many items am I allowed to bring on the ice for autographs?
- How do I get to Ford Performance Centre? (Formerly the MasterCard Centre.)
- Where can I park my car?
- What Toronto Maple Leafs alumni will be skating?
- What time should I arrive at Ford Performance Centre?
- What do I need to bring to the event?
- How do I get my pledge forms?
- Can I give my registration to someone else if I can’t attend?
- What does Easter Seals Ontario do and how are funds used?
- Where can I find out more about Easter Seals?
- Is Ford Performance Centre wheelchair accessible?
- What happens if I don´t raise the minimum pledge amount?
- If I´m a past participant and have already registered last year, do I need to register again?
- Can my children go onto the ice by themselves or do I need to accompany them? Do I have to pay the registration fee as well?
What is the Attendance Policy?
A: You must register in advance to attend the Skate. On the day of the event, you must have either paid or fundraised the minimum $350 registration fee to gain admittance. Please print your most up-to-date online fundraising summary from the online registration page and bring it with you to the event.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
A: Please Contact Skate for all change requests. Registration changes or cancellations must be submitted no later than 48 hours before the event.
Cancellations and refunds are not accepted.
How old does my child have to be to be charged for a spectator ticket?
A spectator ticket must be purchased for any person over the age of 2-years-old. The cost per ticket is $30 and can be purchased at the event. Please note, no tax receipt will be provided for spectator tickets.
Are sledges and wheelchairs allowed on the ice?
A: Sledges, as well as manual and power wheelchairs, are allowed on the ice. Contact Skate if you anticipate needing additional assistance.
Where can I park my car?
What time should I arrive at the Ford Performance Centre?
A: Arrive at least one hour before your Skate session. This is necessary to give us enough time to process your entry into the Ford Performance Centre and for you to change into your skating gear and line-up for entry on to the ice.
- Filled out donation forms with all pledge money that you’ve collected
- Your online donation summary available from the online dashboard
- Your signed waiver forms: ADULT WAIVER or MINORS WAIVER
- Your Registration Confirmation e-mail*
*Your confirmation represents your official registration.
Please print and bring it with you to the Skate.
How do I get my pledge forms?
A: Donation forms are available on our website HERE. If you do not have access to a printer and require a paper copy of a pledge form, Contact Skate and let us know your full mailing address and what session you’ve registered for and we’ll mail it to you.
Can I give my registration to someone else if I can’t attend?
A: You are more than welcome to transfer your registration to someone else. Log in using your nickname and password and edit your contact information to reflect the new changes. Contact Skate for assistance.
What does Easter Seals Ontario do and where does your fundraising go?
A: Easter Seals Ontario provides funding for essential mobility and accessibility equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, standers and communication devices. Easter Seals also owns and operates two fully accessible summer camps and offers funding for children to attend alternative summer recreational programs.
Easter Seals is a registered Canadian charity and relies fully on the generosity of public donations. Proceeds from this event will help provide programs and services for children and youth with physical disabilities.
View our Commitment
Where can I find out more about Easter Seals?
Find out more by visiting www.EasterSeals.org.
What happens if I don´t raise the minimum pledge amount?
A: When registering for the Skate you are committing to either pay or fundraise a minimum $350 for each registered skater. If you are struggling to reach your minimum pledge amount, please Contact Skate and we will be happy to offer you assistance with fundraising ideas. If you are unable to raise $350 and do not contact us 48 hours before the event, you will NOT be admitted to the ice surface on event day.
If I´m a past participant and have already registered last year, do I need to register again?
A: Yes, you are required to register either online or over the phone again. However, if you have participated in past Easter Seals events, you may use your existing log in and password to begin registration for this year’s event.
Can my children go onto the ice by themselves or do I need to accompany them? Do I have to pay the registration fee as well?
A: Yes, if your child is comfortable with going on the ice by themselves, they are welcome to. If you would like to accompany them, you must be registered before hand and also raise the $350.